What is Bhakti?
- Bhakti - Devotion
- Karma – Righteous Action
- Yoga – Various techniques including breath control and meditation
- Jnana – Wisdom – reaching the Ultimate Truth through introspection, discrimination – essentially through an intellectual means
cannot be attained through Any Path without Bhakti
The Nine Limbs of Bhakti
- Sravana – listening to stories and songs praising God
- Kirtanam – Singing the glories of God
- Smaranam – Remembering or Chanting the Lord’s Name
- Pada Sevanam – Doing service to the lotus feet of the Lord. We can see Sri Maha Lakshmi, the consort of Lord Vishnu, massaging the feet of Lord Vishnu.
- Archana – Worship or doing Pooja with flowers or Kum-kum.
- Vadanam – Saluting the Lord with folded hands.
- Dasyam – Be the servant or slave to God – Lord Hanuman, the great devotee of Sri Rama, calls himself a Dasa or servant of the Lord.
- Sakhayam – Making God your friend.
- Atma Nivedana – Complete sacrifice or surrender.